I have officially decided to become a cup cake connoisseur, I love everything about them! For a while I have wanted to try the local talent, I finally have and here is my review. If you ever find yourself in this neck of the woods and craving some sweets, I invite you to try the following!
First I hit up Kate's Frosting also known as The Cupcake Cabin!
(logo and name belong to owner)
First off, this place had a special going on, every last Tuesday of the summer months June/July/August the have $1.00 cupcake day!!! So this pretty dozen cost me a pretty 12.00 instead of almost double that.
The place itself is very comfortable looking, and has a friendly feel. The staff was friendly and the variety pretty good.
I got red velvet, strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, chocolate vanilla, ans carrot cake.
They look pretty neat and the taste was also good.
The frosting in particular was to die for, creamy and fresh.
The bread was moist and light. Overall a good value specially on the dollar specials!!
Info:
Kate's Frosting
www.katesfrosting.net
2518 North Main Avenue
San Antonio, TX 78212-3451
(210) 248-9809
Secondly, I hit up Cupcake Coture
(logo and name belong to owner)
Now, this one OMG! By far my favorite of the day. I love the name. The store was modern and very upscale looking.
The service excellent the girl was very friendly and helpful. These run for about 2.25 each. This box of 3 cost me 8.00 half a dozen is 11.00 a full dozen is 22.00
The selection broad and rare!
Here I bought lemon, s'mores, and peanut butter.
The cupcakes here also look very gourmet, the are BEAUTIFUL!! The picture above does them no justice. As for the taste they are good, but the one's over at Kate's are a bit more moist and the frosting a bit richer. If you are going for aesthetics definitely pick these!!
Info:
Cupcake Couture Broadway
4710 Broadway, San Antonio, TX 78209-6216
(210) 595-6375
www.cupcakecoturesa.com
Last but not least Cupcake Junction
(logo and name belong to owner)
Here I bought two cupcakes, a strawberry cheesecake and an Oreo one.
This was unfortunately my least favorite.
The selection was good, all your basics plus some others like the Oreo one.
The service here SUCKED!! Service matters a lot to me, they may have been having a bad day or something but they were rude! The owner was there and she was a bitch! Sorry but true, needless to say I was not impressed. The cupcakes cost 2.50 each and they also have other pastries. The taste was good but not as great as Kate's Frosting and the looks of the cupcakes were nowhere near Cupcake Couture.
Info:
Cupcake Junction
6565 Babcock Road, San Antonio, TX 78249-2300
(210) 694-2730
www.mycupcakejunction.com
There you have it ladies and gentlemen my review for my day of cupcake hunting!! Now all of you go eat CUPCAKES!!!
Did you ever see the Seinfeld episode where Elane came up with the muffin tops? lol If you haven't you should try and find it. I thought of this when I read your post. Hope you have a great time with your mom! Worry about bloggin after she leaves;D
ReplyDeleteJust before lunch, you got me!!! I'm craving a cupcake now.
ReplyDeleteYum! I'm in the mood for a cupcake now.
ReplyDeleteMmm cupcakes!
ReplyDeleteCupcake connoisseur sounds like such a fun job. The research in particular would be enjoyable.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter and I love making cupcakes just so we can decorate them fancy and eat them. (We try to give some of them away, but it's hard). I wish we had a cupcake bakery in my area.
ReplyDeletePS. Come and enter my very first giveaway at
http://livinghappyhealthy365.blogspot.com/2010/07/giveaway-my-first-one.html
This is well-timed, we just had some gourmet cupcakes at work on Friday.
ReplyDeleteHey thanks for your comment on my award. And a special thanks for all the kind words you've sent Sandy's way. She talks about you a lot, of course I agree with what she's said about you. You're pretty awesome! :)
xo
excellent post ..angel..love your blog//pretty nice contents...helps to learn some thing for a non-native speaker ....attractive and cool article(this post u wrote ) is cool as like my cool blog
ReplyDelete