Friday, May 7, 2010

* Hope for new Friendships*

Sex and The City Pictures, Images and Photos

It is no secret that I need friends, I have two best friends one that is in El Paso the other which resides in Austin and graduates at the end of this month, and runs a good chance of leaving far FAR away from me, yet again. Even with them I am not as close as I'd like to really be. I really want to try to find someone close, someone I can be comfortable with and perhaps really let into my life.

So in a desperate attempt to find friends I posted an ad on Craiglist (please don't judge me) lol!
I have since had many responses, some good, some plain out wierd, and some from guys, which I had made perfectly c
lear I wanted nothing to do with to begin with.
So far, I have met two wonderful women, both married and both in their 20's.

Today, I went to go see Alice in Wonderland for a second time with one of them. Her name is Cynthia, I really like her, even just from talking to her and now after meeting her even more. She is sweet, hard working and seems to have been through a lot, so I know she is mature and focused. I had a lot of fun being able to go out. We have plans for next Friday!

My second friend's name is Erika! She is awesome. Open minded, well rounded, and a good mother to her 4 yr old adorable little girl. She is from Corpus Christi so she is also homesick from time to time. I hanged out at her place about a week ago, and tonight I babysat for her and her hubby, which by the way he is awesome! He is a cool, laid back, talkative guy.


Needless to say I am very happy about this, meeting these people and finally feeling like I have something to look forward to. Finally feeling like I may belong somewhere, in this vast city.
I am totally craving a tight circle of gal pals a la Sex and the City!!

7 comments:

  1. That's great, sweetie! Super happy for you. I wish I had more girl friends, too. It's great to hang out with like-minded people. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, this is so good to hear Yessi!! You know if Sandy and I lived closer I'm sure we'd all be hanging out. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh, I never thought to look on Craig's List for friends...but hey, you can find just about everything else there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course I cant judge since I met the bf on Craigslist! =D I am so happy for you! I think its great that you are finding people locally =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Craigslist prooved useful. Who would have thunk it?

    It's awesome that you've met these new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need friends too. My old friends either have older kids or no kids at all. It all changed after Emma was born. I have tried to hang out with mommies I met at cafemom.com, but it didn't work out.
    I also joined a group at meetup.com It's actually a great website where people join all kinds of groups online, to actually meet in person. I am part of a movie goers club. We are just a bunch of strangers who don't want to go to the movies alone. Try that...meetup.com
    I met lots of mommies there, but no cool new best friend yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWWW I know exactly how you feel!!! It never occurred to me to post an ad though. I'm glad it's been working out for you =)

    PS: I've missed you like craaaaaaaaazy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love each and everyone of your comments thanks for taking the time to read and comment my blog!! Expect some blog love right back at ya!!