Ok that may be a bit harsh and taking it a bit far, but sometimes I really do feel like doing that to someone, ( at least with a stick just to bother them ).
There are certain things that really get to me, some are reasonable some I am not sure. One of those things is when someone talks about me with someone else. I don't necessarily mean gossip, I mean we all hate that, I mean just talking about me in general.
Let me get more specific. The roommate likes to talk, and I mean he likes to talk the way a "woman" likes to talk, more specifically he likes to talk about me to his very "opinionated and nosy" mother. Generally I don't care but there is one topic that I have told him is off limits and that is my panic/anxiety disorder. I do not like anyone talking about that. I know it sound perhaps a bit over dramatic but I just don't it is very personal to me and if I want someone to know about it, I will let them know, but no one else will.
I believe we each have sore spots, topics and things about our lives we don't like others discussing behind our backs, even if it is "innocent" chatter. Broken marriages, miscarriages, failed goals, etc. we just don't like to talk about it much less have others dissipate the news like hot bread...
Now I have made this very clear to everyone I know, but especially the roommate.
About two days ago I was just waking up from a good nap when I heard whispering in the living room. I made my way to the bathroom and I could hear him in the living room talking on the phone. All of the sudden he was whispering, I got close to the bathroom door only hear him talking about me to his mother, about what? Well my anxiety of course. I tried to stay calm but I was just beyond pissed, it was like an immediate reaction to be mad, and feel betrayed.
I think that what hurts even more is the fact that I know that lady does not GIVE A FU**!
She could care less if I was in the ER dying of anxiety...all she wants is to be nosy and judgemental. They just love to sit and talk shit and judge me.
Oh I must be crazy.
Oh I must be lazy.
I must be faking.
I HATE it!
Needless to say it started of that day on a bad note and I was pissed off just about the whole day, even though I gave him a piece of my mind, and I told him I NEVER again want to hear him talking about me at all. If she is so interested in knowing how I am doing she can CALL ME! You do have my number.
Oh and FYI ROOMIE! If what you were doing was not wrong then why did you feel the need to lower your voice and whisper as if it were a crime or you were hiding something???
Oh yeah because YOU WERE!!
Sorry I am done with my rant. Hope you are all having a lovely week. The weekend is almost here!!
OMG I know what your talking about. Two friends of mine at work made up a rumor that one of them was pregnant and only told one girl to see if it would get around. Not only did it get around but the girl was getting comments like "your gaining weight...is something wrong?" WTF is that!!
ReplyDeleteUgh. Sorry about that, dear. I hate it when people talk about me behind my back, too. *hugs* I hope things work out between the two of you. It's tough to live with someone when you're really upset.
ReplyDeleteay mija! i'm so sorry!
ReplyDeleteyou're right, if it was NOT wrong, why lower your voice?
Awh you definitely inspire me as well!
ReplyDeleteYea, that would really REALLY piss me off too! I can definitely relate because I suffer from panic attacks too, i f**ken hate them! And then, for someone to sit there and judge you about that or anything else, just sends me over the edge!
Good for you for telling him off. That is none of his business or his mom. I completely understand that there are topics about people you just don't want the world to know. Everyone's got one. Woa the roomate sounds like a brat. Im sorry dear. Hopefully he won't do it agaain! You have every right to poke him with a stick for as long as you want!
ReplyDeletePeople at work whisper and bitch about each other all the time. Sometimes me. I hear them, but I don't care.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I have a real sore spot. Usually I just roll my eyes and carry on. If their lives are that empty well whatever.
Oh God, where should I start? lol I think we should work on secret roommate blogs where we can trash the roommates all the time. I cant do that currently since my blog is public and my roommate might see all the things I would say about him. ANYWAY.
ReplyDeleteI hear you and understand you. No one should be talking about the other behind one's back. When the person does not live with you, it's hard to do anything to stop it. However, if he lives with you, something can be done. When we live with other individuals we should be able to trust them. However, with his actions, you cant clearly trust him. Perhaps he will continue to talk about you outside of the house, but at least not in your presence. After all, whatever we dont see, the heart doesnt feel (I translated than from Spanish literally lol I dont know the English version of that saying).
Con aprecio,
Aquiles
I just don't understand people sometimes, I'm sure there are things that the roommate wouldn't want other people to know that you've kept private because he asked you to.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear this sweetie. Hopefully he'll start respecting your decisions.
ReplyDelete