Saturday, January 2, 2010

SuCK ThIs!!

I remember being 11 when I first saw Interview with the Vampire. I was asleep and my sisters were watching in on television, I layed there awake peeking through the blanket and I was mesmerized. I did not know exactly then why I was drawn to everything about that movie. There that very Saturday morning my love for vampires was born. Two years passed before I began to read the Anne Rice novels, I loved everything about them, by that time I had also discovered that I was simply a darker person than my peers. I have since then been fascinated by the gothic aspect of things and I am in love with Victorian style. I then went on to re-watch Interview with the Vampire only to grow even more in love. When Queen of the Damned came out I remember being very excited about watching it. After that came other vampire things but they never quite quenched my thirst ( pun intended). Buffy was much to light for the things I had grown accustomed to, and even though I liked Blade it was missing something. So as you may know, unless you have been living under a rock, out came Twilight and the whole world came out to be a vampire fan. Now I will not "diss"on Twilight too much for 2 reasons, one I fell for it, after all I was starved for my vampire fix ( Anne Rice decided to quit and go to writing about Catholicism, true story) and Secondly I know a lot of people that like Twilight and I don't want to hurt their feelings lol. Twilight just did not cut it for me, the books were good I won't lie I enjoyed reading them but the movies?? Oh my lord are you kidding me? The actors are horrible! They may be good looking ( or whatever) but their acting is ....let's just say it's as good as Ashley Simpson's singing. The movies are beyond cheesy and bad! Needless to say I can see why a bunch of 12 yr olds melt over them. I was finally saved when TRUE BLOOD came along! I can not be any happier, my dark Gothic little heart was so happy it almost danced out of my chest. I had already began to read the series when it was announced that it was going to become a show. I am beyond excited for the 3rd season in June and I am anxiously awaiting the 2nd season on DVD! I am sad that I may never see the rest of the Anne Rice books become a movie but I am glad I have True Blood. Most people I hang out with are very different from me, which means I am the only True Blood addict. I am often asked why do you like vampires so much? For me I honestly think they simply posses things I wish I had, beauty, immortality, power!

Anyway here are my favorite vampires....


Queen Akasha and Lestat( By far my favorite Vamp movie, the soundtrack is amazing!!)
Vampire Louis


Bill Compton


Eric
*All Images from Google*

15 comments:

  1. I faint when it comes to blood, so I think a vampire would just make me want to die.

    But yeah, Twilight sucks. I support the dissing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really tried to love Twilight but I just can't. I finished the first book with much struggle but the second book, just until the half. I just can't take the shallowness, and other stuff. I watched New Moon with friends and 30 minutes into the movie, it felt like an hour already. No offense!

    Vampires are really intriguing and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I am in absolute love with Eric from True Blood. Only with his short hair though, he's hott lol.

    ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I never really got into vampires, but I do love to read about them. I was a bit dissappointed with Vampire Diaries on the WB;have you seen it? It's nothing new. I don't have cable so, can't see True Blood, but I've heard it's awesome. I've read a few vampire books, but never Anne Rice's. I read one by a friend of mine who just got published. Her books are full of vampire history and she's spells them vampyres and say's that's their original spelling. Anyway, I still watch Vampire Diaries. Never did Buffy---it seemed silly. I loved Queen of the Damned. That girl's interpretation of Queen Akasha, was great. Too bad she died.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok long distance BFF you lost me on this one! I cannot relate lol But I still lubs ya =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. My best friend is a huge vampire fan. For Christmas I bought her the book "Interview with the Vampire" and she's loving it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen Interview with the Vampire.
    I didn't get into Buffy.
    Loved Blade though (enough to have the DVDs)
    Love the Underworld movies (enough to have the DVDs)
    Avoided Twilight like the plague.
    Love True Blood. (Not enough to have the DVDs)

    Oh, and just this morning I started playing "Vampires" on my iTouch.

    Take from that what you will about my feelings on all things Vampire related.

    I think what it says is "Dark is good.. but dark + leather is better"

    ReplyDelete
  8. confession: i haven't seen any of the vampire movies you have mentioned!! ahhh, I am a vamp-virgin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MmmTrue Blood is *very* sexy. I'm quite picky with my vampire entertainment, but TB really hits the spot. I also didn't like the Twilight movies (but then, I didn't like the books either, haha), but I did like Joss Whedon's vampire universe a lot. Haha, maybe I like quirky stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg YES!! I love vampires I grew up with them like you. I read the Anne Rice novels & the Sookie ones. I still have not gotten to see much of True Blood. I need to wait to the dvd is less expensive. hehe. Love that movie Queen of the Damned. =) Oh you & I are so similar cuz I feel the same way about Twilight. It just doesn't cut it for me. I've tried reading the first book a few times & just can't get through it. I'll take any Anne Rice book anyday. hehe. Good post girl! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love vampire louis!
    the photo, from true blood (i never watched and know NOTHING about it), the guy reminds me of the vampire 'carlisle' (hope i spelt that right!) from the twilight series.
    Hope you had a good new year!
    Lily @ http://coverstaionhearts.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. i still havent seen true blood but everyone says its amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm probably one of the only people in the world to not have read the Vampire series. I did however read Interview and it was good. I can't say I've ever thought about who my favorite vampire would be but if I did I bet Brad Pitt would be a good candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol, its ok it is kinda confusing. you go to that blog and in the side bar there is a voting area that will pop up with me and 9 other blogs in it.... pleeeeeease vote and send as many people my way as you can, i need to at least make it past the first round. my favorite vampire is edward cullen btw. jk.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also looooooooove Interview with the Vampire, it has always been one of my fave movies. PLUS it's when I feel in love with Brad Pitt [true story]. Lestat, as in the character, not precisely Tom Cruise is also one of my fave vamps.

    ReplyDelete

I love each and everyone of your comments thanks for taking the time to read and comment my blog!! Expect some blog love right back at ya!!