Saturday, October 31, 2009

The hunt for a cheese danish....


Both of my dogs getting in on the danish win!!! (recently Groomed too!!)

(HA!, Finally got my hands on you!!)

Out of all my obsessions there is one in particular that I must admit to. Of course I am addicted to Starbucks, I mean who isn't? (HA!) The thing is I absolutely love their cheese danishes, I personally think it is the best I have ever had. Well back home I used to love having them at night, usually around 7pm after a long day of work, especially if I was going to have coffee to keep me going through the night in order to do homework. Well since I go to San Antonio, I have not been able to get a cheese danish, and no it is not because they don't carry them, they do, the only catch is that they are only served in the morning. HUH??....Yeah, exactly my reaction... Well for the past two weeks I called several Starbucks around my area they all agreed that yes, indeed they were only served in the mornings. Well this morning I was up at 6 a.m. so I decided to go and get my fix, with some hot choclate since the morning is cold. I had to go to 3 different Starbucks because apparently they do not have them on Saturdays...HUH AGAIN??? Yeah. So I had to drive to the one that is the bit furthest from my home, but guess what? GREAT SUCCESS !! (LOL) I got one!! YAY, for me!.. This also bring me to my other point, the fact that I drove ALONE, the key word here being "ALONE" all the way to this place. Now this may seem like a small task since you don't know me but let me explain something very quick. I have suffered from panic attacks/anxiety for about 4-5 yrs now. This past April-May was particularly horrible, I had ER visits, time off work, I thought I was going insane. I was afraid to drive alone in my own city, so imagine the fear I have here in this city, bigger and completely unknown to me. This is also the reason why my move here was so scary for me, a person with anxiety disorder and panic disorder does not like to be moved from their "comfort zone" and this is definitely the most I have ever pushed myself. I am happy to report I drove back and forth without any anxiety at all!!! I am very proud of myself, so now I will enjoy my danish and get to do homework!! I have a lot to catch up on, and of course I have so many ideas for new blogs I am very excited!!

1 comment:

  1. Just vent all your worries in the form of words and let it out through your pen..

    Guess out would take some time for you to settle down..but you would do great..

    Here is wishing you all the luck..

    Keep smiling!!:-)
    Cheers,
    D

    ReplyDelete

I love each and everyone of your comments thanks for taking the time to read and comment my blog!! Expect some blog love right back at ya!!